Thursday, October 8, 2009

Geez Louise!!

The not so quite subtle hints have been coming my way about posting! I will do my best to get back in the groove again! :)
Not much out of the norm has been going on. Donovan has been enjoying school, Christopher has been writing and I have been teaching. The report from Nickolas is that he is enjoying school as well. The sixth grade teachers send frequent emails updating parents on homework/activities so that has been helpful for Christopher.
I haven't taken many pics lately, but I will be giving the camera a work out soon as soccer season is now here!! The kids picked the team name of the Sharks! Their uniforms are the colors of the UofM which makes us quite uncomfortable (we are loyal to MSU)! Two of the kids from D's Spring team are on the team with him again. Kennedy and his special "friend" Faith. :)
Donovan enjoys reading (almost done with K sight word list, going to start first grade list soon), but his favorite activity these days is drawing and writing! One of his masterpieces is below. We think anyone who is a fan of Spongebob would be able to identify the characters and buildings in his picture! We love you all, T

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That kid can really draw! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are the other Grandparent's
comments?????????????? Come on now, do not be shy........... it is bragging time!!!!

Anonymous said...

I looked at the picture again....... amazing detail. He even had the right colors................... I am IMPRESSED.

Grandma Cathy

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures,do we hava a future artist here?
Grammy and Gramps

The Porters said...

Thanks for the comments.

We are trying to encourage him since he loves to draw so much! But he's becoming a temperamental artist! :) He gets upset if his picture doesn't come out the way he visualizes it. And DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT use the words scribble, scrabble. T