Well, summer is in full swing in the Porter household. Nickolas has been here since about 5:30am on Saturday morning. He seemed pretty excited and ready to go as soon as he got off the plane. Two of our neighbor kids, Sierra (age 10) and Dionte (13) happened to stop by that afternoon to see if he was in town just as Nickolas was heading outside to go for a bike ride with Christopher. They had good timing! Later, we went to the pool in the evening to meet up with Sierra and Dionte and ran into the Marions who have FOUR boys. I have finally gotten the names straight.....Bryan (5), Braxton (9), Brandon (11) and Bryce (13)! Thus, Nickolas had a great first day of playing with lots of kids (including his brother).
Donovan has pretty much hung out with Daddy this week while Nickolas has a Robotics camp at the local community college in the mornings. It ends on Friday and it appears that Nickolas is enjoying it and meeting some interesting kids. One of them, Nick, gave him some good advice. The gist of it was to make good choices because if you don't things could get pretty bad. Pretty wise advise from a 7th grader.
Today, Nickolas also went to the pool to hang out with another neighbor, Marshall (he's almost 10). Seemed like they had a good time. I have a feeling that we will end up at the pool again tomorrow and Friday since it is SOOO H-O-T here!
I leave on Sunday for a workshop in Massachusetts. I will try to remember to add pictures before I leave. Hope everyone is doing well. We love you all, Tamiko
No comments:
Post a Comment