Monday, June 22, 2009

So I forgot...

...to upload pictures!! Sorry about that! I will do so when I get back into town! I am in Williamstown, MA until Friday. The workshop I am attending is very interesting and informative but let me tell you, MA is way different than TX. Its chilly, I have been wearing a sweatshirt! I guess I should appreciate the break from the 98 degree weather at home, but I kind of miss the warmth. Also, the landscape and architechture is very different as you might imagine. Unfortunately, I left my camera at home, so won't be able to share the images with you.

Nickolas has done so much already considering that he hasn't even been back for two weeks yet. He seemed to really enjoy robotics camp last week and this week is the Tracy McGrady Basketball camp. Some of you may know that we decorated the boys' rooms in Houston sports team themes, NBA Rockets for Nickolas and NFL Texans for Donovan. Thus, it is pretty exciting for Nickolas to be able to go to a camp hosted and attended by the superstar player who is in the poster hanging up on his wall! This was Nickolas' reward for keeping his tardies down again this year and improving on time management (he actually wore his watch most days!).

On Sunday, the boys went to the pool to hang out with Nickolas' buddy Austin. Austin ended up inviting Nickolas over for a sleepover for that night. Nickolas was so excited that he could barely sit while he waited to be picked up (it was his first night staying at a friend's house). Donovan was devastated when Nickolas left as he has been wanting to have a sleepover with a (any) friend for months now! Poor kid!

To give you the back story, Austin is from CA but is in town visiting his grandmother who lives in Bridgeland. Nickolas and Austin met last summer at a drama camp held at the activity center. They hung out quite a bit last summer, so its nice that they will get to do so again this year as well.

I just erased the statement "nothing much new to report on Donovan" as I forgot to tell you all that he is officially READING!!! YEAH! He just "got" the concept a few weeks ago and has been improving exponentially. He started a Headstart to Reading Class as well that has done nothing but increase his excitement about reading. His face just lights up when he reads....he's so pleased with himself. Its always so fun to watch him learn something new. He knows about 20-25 sight words that gets him very far with simple early reading books (or ones we make up ourselves)!

I can say that there is not much new with my husband. He's been working and hanging out with the boys. I will speak for him and say that he is pretty happy these days and having a blast! Data analysis and the two knuckleheads are definitely high on his list of favorites.

We love you all, Tamiko

No comments: