Friday, March 20, 2009

The Garage

Hello,

I wish I could come up with a cleverer title, but I name things like Nickolas. When he was little and got toys or stuffed friends that needed a name he was always very literal....a horse was "Horse", a red bear was "Red Bear".

Anyway, Christopher has been working on the garage all week. I helped a little but due to no fault of mine....I missed a couple of days of the work because I just had to do grades, or go get Donovan or etc. :) Today, however, he started earlier so I didn't get out of it. We made alot of progress and you can actually see the floor! Whoopee. We think by tomorrow that we are going to be able to actually park a car in there! Exciting, huh?

We threw out alot of stuff. Although if you come look at our yard now, you will just see a few boxes as most of our trash was taken as someone else saw it as treasure! I'm not sure what people will do with a dented, scratched up kitchen trashcan without a lid or a used sofasleeper mattress, but its theirs! :) We saved the things in better shape for the garage sale that the Houston CNCF chapter is hosting next weekend. This is a group of Neuroblastoma parents who have gotten together to raise funds for research and increase awareness of the disease. I haven't been too active with this group yet, but I have recently resolved to be invovled. From time to time, I might mention some neuroblastoma news just to keep you all in the loop.

In my last post I mentioned that Grandma Cathy and Erin weren't feeling super. I talked to Grandma Cathy last night and her bronchitis seems to be clearing up. I have actually never met Erin, but she's the 11 year-old daughter of one of Christopher's colleagues. I have become a regular reader of her mother's blogs (link is to the right). Erin hasn't been feeling too hot due to effects of chemo and a nasty bug. Last post from her mother is that she is slowly on the upswing! Yeah! You all know I am bossy, so its okay for me to tell everyone to think positive thoughts for Erin, right? :)

Love you all, Tamiko

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am soooooo proud that I actually found the "comment" button. I think D's happy dance and the picture of him on his scooter are great. What a special child (ok, I might be a little bit biased). I am sure Christopher and Donovan enjoyed a few days of guy bonding time. They probably ate popcorn in the play room............. Tamiko is perfect (but a little bossy) and does not allow such behavior. / Grandma Cathy