Monday, May 10, 2010

"Can I have a cat?"

Hello everyone,

I hope that the mother's reading this blog had a great Mother's Day! I enjoyed a great breakfast at IHOP and then some afternoon alone time (the boys entertained themselves). It was a nice day.

I have a funny story. Donovan was speaking to Gramps last night and asked for a cat. This has been a request that has been made often to Santa (in his Christmas list last year), me, his Dad, Grandaddy, Nana, and anyone else who will listen. He even got his brother to agree that we should get a cat (and this was unexpected). I've consistently and firmly told him no whenever I am in earshot of him asking. Last night, I even said that I hope Gramps told him no.

But.....
things have changed! Our neighbor who is 9 months pregnant (delivery is scheduled on Thursday) found this little kitten in her attic. There was only two of us around when she was sharing the story. The other lady could not take on a kitten so of course I volunteered to house her! It was the neighborly thing to do! I posted her info on the community boards, but I don't anticipate that anyone will claim her. We will tell Donovan (he's not home from school yet) that we are just babysitting her until her owner's come get her. However, I am absolutely positive that we will not be believed and Gramps will get the credit for this one! :)

We love you all, Tamiko

No comments: