Tuesday, August 18, 2009

End of summer is here!!

Hey Everyone,

Wow, time flies when you are having fun, huh? I cannot believe that summer is over already! The Porters definitely lived it up this summer. We had trips (NC, MI and IL) and lots of good times (museums, swimming, camps (kids) and much more)!

Nickolas went back to CA last Friday (aug. 14). Check out my youtube channel at www.youtube.com/nealtami44 so you can see one of his accomplishments.....diving into the swimming pool's deep end! At the beginning of the summer, he was not comfortable in any water that he couldn't stand in. So he has come a long way!! He did pretty good socially this summer as he played alot with his neighborhood friends Austin, Dionte and Marshall! At the beginning of this month, we also celebrated his early 12th birthday along with Christopher's early (by 2 days) 36th birthday!

Donovan had a great summer as well. His biggest achievement was being in his first play (at the end of the Bridgeland drama camp that he did with his brother). Too bad that he had his arms crossed and was frowning for much of it. :) But he was there! He also completed his Headstart to reading class. He has a good base of sight words to begin kindergarten with!

Can you belive he is starting Kindergarten on Monday (aug. 24)? I can't! We are excited and ready. I say we because we all know that its a bigger deal for parents than the kids! I will be sure to post his first day of school photo as well as pics from the Meet the Teacher day this Friday.

I don't have much to report new for me as I was primarily a taxi driver, but Christopher had a good couple of months workwise. Seems to me that he's been in a good writing and getting papers out mode which makes him (and me) very happy!
Hope you all are well, Love you, Tamiko

No comments: