Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy New Year!

I know its been about 10 days of 2010, but I figure I can say Happy New Year's for the next month or so!

Nickolas and Donovan had a great Christmas. We got a nice new family computer that I am posting from, but I am not sure if it was a big hit. When asked what they got for Christmas the boys responded video games (Nickolas) and bubblegum (Donovan)! Oh well, I love it! :)

Their Grammy was here for a few days between Christmas and New Year's Eve. I think she had a good time, but it was the quiet time of the break for all of us. We spent the days relaxing and playing the new video games (DJ Hero is awesome). D and I had some friends over and Nickolas was able to go play with several of the neighborhood boys. I think D's highlight of the break was finally getting to see Alvin and the Chipmunks! It was a good movie and all of us (me, D, Nickolas and Grammy) gave it a big thumbs up! D has been rocking out to the soundtrack every day since!

Nickolas left on New Year's day and Christopher started back to work the following Monday. I have one more week before I go back. D started school again last Wed. The first two mornings were rough, but he was back in the groove on Fri. and I expect (and hope for) no problems tomorrow!

Nickolas spent last week at Walker Creek in CA for outdoor education week. All sixth graders at his school participated. He was pretty excited about it before he left. We spoke to him on Friday when he got back and he said that he had fun. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to participate in all of the activities as he injured his leg while hiking on the second day. Sounds like it was painful but he is doing okay now.

I have a conference in Seattle so we just booked tickets for Christopher and D to join me. That will be fun! D has never been to Seattle before to see Christopher's family there. He just saw his Grandaddy last April, but he hasn't seen Nana in a long while and hasn't met his Aunt Kiara and Uncle Jonathan. He's been asking to go on a plane so when I told him the plan, he told me thank you and said that I was a "good Mommy".

He's been telling us that (mainly me) we are good or bad parents lately. It usually depends on if he gets a yes or no in response to his many requests. I think its a pretty normal thing for his age and find it kind of funny. What is curious is that he got it from school (he told us this). I would love to be a fly on the wall and hear what else these kids talk about!

I don't have many pics from the holidays but will post what I have. We love you all! Tamiko

No comments: